Saturday, January 19, 2008

and finally! the birthday party!!

Took us long enough to get there, lol!!!

I just have to tell you about buying the ingredients for this ever so important birthday cake. You'd think that you can walk into a big supermarket and there would be a place where they group all the baking goodies together? Hmmm, not so much. They do have the flour and icing sugar together with the baking soda and cake-in-a-box mixes, however, no goodies to decorate the cake with. The candles, oh yes, upstairs with all the party paraphernalia (ok, that makes a little bit of sense). The multi-coloured sprinkle thingy's that you'd put on the icing ... no, they don't have those. The silver ball thingy's that you'd put on the icing to decorate with .... nope. Liquorice sticks, ah yes, with the sweeties and you can only get the rolled-up ones. Oh, and coconut flakes, ah yes but off course you'd think to go look for it where the breadcrumbs are, makes total sense.  This little exercise took me about an hour!

We were going to have the party last weekend, then the K-man got sick and I decided nope, not a good idea so we postponed to this weekend. Which turned out to be just fine, with my mom here it was so special to share his party with her!

Then I came down with a n-a-s-t-y tummy bug on Thursday arvie, but hey, I was a real trooper and managed to mix and bake the cupcakes for the birthday cake, then managed to mix the carrot cake for the grown-ups and just when that was in the oven, realised I wasn't gonna make it and asked my mom to please keep an eye on it for me. That was me, in bed and I didn't move until 11:00 on Friday morning! Gids very sweetly took Kaydin with to the desert and I got to sleep in and feel marginally better. Smile The people came at about 15:00 and we had a blast. Gids and I both got all teary-eyed when we sang "happy birthday", I tried to hide behind my camera ... The K-man didn't quite know what to do with the cake and candle at first, but later on he realised that he can actually get himself all sticky and dirty and man was that fun.

IMG_2869

IMG_2873

IMG_2874

IMG_2877

IMG_2894

IMG_2902

 IMG_2906

IMG_2915

IMG_2920

IMG_2922

IMG_2924

ok, that's us for now

much love to all

4 comments:

Mel @ Studio MCA Designs said...

It looks like a wonderful party! His caterpillar cake is so cute, and the photos are great. His smiles say it all. What precious cake face! (That balloon photo is pretty cool too.)

katg1006 said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! What a cutie pie - those smiles are heartbreakers!! I am so glad you had a fab time! I love the pic with the icing on his face *LOL*

Anonymous said...

Ag jinne, mazzie! He is just the cutest thing! And so handsome, already!!! Little heartbreaker. No wonder you were sniffling man...!

Flergs said...

aaaww how beautiful!!

Just a note to thank you personally for entering my CT competition. Sorry I have been so slow to personally thank everyone who entered. I did appreciate your layout very much, and I hope you had fun creating it. Sorry if this is a double up, but I lost track of where I was, and had to start again :(

Thanks again for playing along with me, and I hope you had a fun time.